Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Megan's May Inspiration

Hi Everyone!
Today I have a couple of layouts to share plus an OTP project that I had banging around in my head as soon as I saw the HomeSpun Collection, just loved these papers :)


I took an ATC sized craft coloured box and used this as my base, covering the inside and outside with patterned paper, and inked the edges in pinecone ink.


I chose quite a few of the printed chipboard elements and used these in the middle of the box to support all the fussy cut pieces I used throughout.


A birds eye view gives you a perfect view of all those layers I assembled.


Isn't that little sewing machine super cute?!


On the back of the box I used one of the 6x6 patterned pieces and layered another chipboard element on top.

Products Used

Patterned Paper:
HomeSpun
Minis, Tea Time, Crafty, Homegrown, Calling Cards

Printed Chipboard:
HomeSpun




My first of two layouts uses paper from the Wanderlust collection.  The neutral colour scheme of this collection makes it so versatile!


This photo had such lovely memories of fabulous weekend away we had and this particular day was at Mt Cook village, such a beautiful part of our country. :)
On my background I used clear gesso and then applied different sprays.  Once all the layers were dry I mixed 3D gloss gel with glitter to create a paste and applied that to my stencil.  Then I stamped randomly over my page, using white and black ink.


To glitter my chipboard title I painted it a coordinating colour and while still wet sprinkled glitter on it.  It was originally just embossed but just didnt seem to stand out, this worked much better!


To get the best out of my chipboard I used the positive and the negative pieces from the cogs set and cut apart the bits I wanted from the numbers set.  The cogs are just inked with pinecone while the rest is embossed with wheat embossing powder.

Products Used

Patterned Paper:
Wanderlust - Lakeside

Printed Chipboard:
Wanderlust

Glitter:
Russet, Blue Ice

Embossing Powder:
Wheat

Stamps:
Tattered Newsprint




My last project used paper from the Remnants Collection.


 On this background I also applied clear gesso and used a two toned spray, and again randomly stamped over the design.  There are a number of layers to this layout - 4! - giving it depth and a bit more interest.


Cannot get enough of those Lillies!! <3
Two layers of chipboard this time, one left black and the other embossed with powder so the two layers looked separate and didnt blend into each other.


I fussy cut around the floral cluster piece of the printed chipboard - to do this I carefully separated the layers that make up the chipboard til I was left two, making it much easier to trim around.


Products Used

Patterned Paper:
Remnants - Beaumont

Printed Chipboard:
Remnants

Stamps:
Tattered Newsprint

Seedlings:
Leaf

Embossing Powder:

Glitter:
In the Forest

Chipboard:
Floral Lattice Bits


Thanks for popping by and having a look this month!  See you next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment