Sunday, July 24, 2016

July share from Karine

Hi there, Blue Fern Studios fans,

It's Karine here with you today to share the three layouts I created this month.

Happy


My first layout was created using the Hushed paper from the Tranquility collection. I based my color combo on the colors in the paper. I stamped a few times with the Making Plans stamp.

My layout is based on the Crosshatch frame that I embossed with Imagine Ink auburn and garnet embossing powders. 


To add more interest around my picture, I used the Ironwork Edges, that I embossed with a dark brown embossing powder. 


As for embellishments, I used some Courtship Blooms dans some Attic Charm Daisies. 


My title, the Happy word from The Optimist Word Set, was left raw.

Blue Fern Studios products used:
Hushed paper from the Tranquility collection
Making Plans stamp
Crosshatch frame, The Optimist Word Set and Ironwork Edges
Courtship Blooms, Attic Charm Daisies
Imagine Ink Auburn, Garnet embossing powders

Smile


Next, I got to play with the beautiful Seaside Cottage collection. For this layout, I used the Mermaid paper. I altered it with two different stencils and with two texture paste: one white, one a gorgeous sandy color. I also used a blue ink spray.


I choose the Persian Ornament to go under my picture. I embossed it with Imagine Ink snow embossing powder.


To go over my picture, I chose the oval frame from the Mini Frames set, which I embossed also using the snow embossing powder. 


I used some of the Tranquil Roses and Lilies in my flower arrangements. 


My title piece, part of the Funny, Giggle, Smile set, was embossed in snow. Look at this close up on the paper. Isn't it just gorgeous?

Blue Fern Studios products used:
Mermaid paper from the Seaside Cottage collection
Persian Ornament
Mini Frames
Funny, Giggle, Smile
Imagine Ink snow embossing powder
Tranquil Roses and Lilies

Magique



My last layout uses the Regalia paper again from the Seaside Cottage collection. I just loooooove this paper! On my background, I used the Postal Textures stamps.


On the left side of the layout, I used the Royal Border, which I painted with an aqua metallic paint. While the paint was still wet, I sprinkled some Imagine Ink pearl embossing powder and heat set it. I love the end result. I also used a speech bubble with a heart (I hid the tail of the speech bubble under my flowers) from the Picture Perfect set. It was given the same treatment as the Royal Border.


To frame my main composition, I cut one of the Classic Ornaments in half and used both pieces (painted and embossed) around my flowers.


I used flowers from the Seaside Lilies, Tranquil Blooms and Tranquil Roses and Lilies. The little heart shape above the large mint flower comes from the heart speech bubble from the Picture Perfect set. 


My title is part of the French Adjectives 2 set. It was coated with white gesso, and then painted with cream ink.

Blue Fern Studios product used:
Regalia paper again from the Seaside Cottage collection
Royal Border
Classic Ornaments
Picture Perfect
French Adjectives 2
Postal Textures stamps
Seaside Lilies
Tranquil Blooms
Tranquil Roses and Lilies
Imagine Ink pearl embossing powder

I hope this inspires you to get creative!

Have a nice day.

EnregistrerEnregistrer

No comments:

Post a Comment