Saturday, April 4, 2015

A New Layout & Two Tags by Kim Price



Hello everyone! It's Kim back again today with a few new projects to share for the Easter weekend - I hope you are all enjoying time spent with family and friends in celebration.


My first project today is a scrapbooking layout featuring Montage patterned papers, Blue Fern chipboard and some of the new Blue Fern stamps.


I started out by creating a splash of color on a plain white sheet of cardstock then when it had dried I began adding layers of fussy cut elements from my Montage papers Bouquet and Fairyland overlapping images to give a multi layered effect. I've then added a paper frame from Calling Cards patterned paper for my photo placement, adding the offcut to the opposite site of my photo for some balance.






I've then gone ahead and chosen one of the Film Strip chipboard pieces, painting it up with a coat of gesso first then a shade of off white paint. After the paint had dried I added some doodling detail using a fine tipped permanent black marker. I've also used some of the images from the new Love Story 2 stamps - the arrow and adore sentiment - for some further detail.





On the opposite side of my layout I've chosen to use the Memories Captured title from the Captured Words set, again using a coat of gesso and off white paint, adding detail with a fine black permanent marker. I just love using the images from Montage to create loads of gorgeous layering, dimension and detail. 



Patterned papers:  Blue Fern Studios Montage collection - Bouquet, Fairlyland, Calling Cards
Blue Fern Chipboard:  All Natural, Film Strip and Captured Words sets
Blue Fern Stamps:  Love Story 2






My last project for April is a set of two tags. My first tag features the reverse side of  Love Story Amazing Heart patterned paper which is a great collation of vintage ephemera images. I've added my patterned paper to some watercolor paper, then a strip of Shabby Brick Bits which have been painted with gesso and detailed using a combination of colored pencils and a fine black marker.

I've then painted a long Blue Fern chipboard leaf element taken from Natural Sprigs Set in light and dark olive green colours, adding further detail using a colored pencil. I'm just loving this technique lately, it's just so effective. 

The final layer is the lower right image from Love Story Concerto patterned paper which features a gorgeous violin illustration along with clusters of coral colored flowers and to this I've added some paper flowers and leaves.




Blue Fern Studios patterned papers:  Love Story Amazing Heart and Concerto
Blue Fern Studios chipboard:  Shabby Brick Bits and Natural Sprigs Set



Blue Fern Studios patterned paper:  Sanctuary Bountiful
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Spring Iris Stems - small and Ornate Crosses set


My last project for today is a second tag with an Easter theme. I've created some torn layers with Sanctuary Bountiful patterned paper using both the front and reverse side designs tucking in a sheet of gold glittered paper from some sparkle.

To continue the gold theme I've used a glittered gold embossing powder to decorate the small Spring Iris stems and the smaller Ornate Cross shape. I've also gone ahead and heat embossed the larger cross element using fine white embossing enamel for some contrast. I love how the details have really come to life using this technique on the crosses - they look fabulous.

Thank you for calling in to Blue Fern today, I hope you are all having a great Easter and I look forward to being back next month with more Blue Fern projects to share.







3 comments: