Monday, October 20, 2014

More Montage Layouts with Rae

Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing three layouts I have made with the Montage paper collection.


"Sweet as Honey" Layout



I used a handful of papers from the Montage paper collection to create this layout, and ripped the papers to create dimension. I had fun playing with these light colors, adding a lot of white with the ripped edges, doily, frame, and bunting!

Here is a close up of the Twilight Garden Frame. I primed it with a heavy layer of gesso, then sprinkled glass filler over it to give it a sugared look. I use the same technique on pieces of the Organic Vine that I cut up and tucked under the flower cluster.



The title is from The Latest Buzz set. I treated it with multiple colors of embossing powder to get this look.


I used the same technique on this small piece of doily bunting.

"Happy Memories" Layout




I just adore this piece of Montage paper, Mercantile. It's a very busy pattern, so I tried to keep my design simple by adding black accents and also choosing a black and white picture that wasn't too busy.

Here is a closeup that captures both pieces of chipboard I used.


For the Large Circle Frame, I simply painted it with one coat of black chalkboard paint, allowing hints of the natural color of the chipboard show through the paint. I added some pearls to the circles in the design, and some flowers over the flower silhouettes on the frame.

The title is two pieces from the Chunky Word Set that I treated using some multicolored embossing powder.


Untitled Fall Layout



Again, I used Montage paper, but added a piece from the Ombre Dreams collection for the layers under the picture. I found this picture on Pinterest. 

Here are two closeups of the Floral Wreath that show the distressing of the piece. I sprayed the chipboard with water, and separated the edges to create a level of dimension and "realness" of the leaves and flowers. Once it was curly, I dried it with a heat gun, then added some green and brown mists.



I cut a piece of the Country Picket Fence to add to the bottom corner, and scraped it with a distress ink pad to get that finish.


Lastly, I added a bird from the Little Birds Set. I used brown and gold embossing powders.

Thanks for checking out my projects! Have a great day!

2 comments: