Thursday, February 27, 2014

February Projects w/Erin Blegen

Good morning, my Blue Fern Studios friends!

Erin Blegen here with you today to share my February projects. I have a bit of a variety for you, so I hope you have a moment to scroll on through :)

"Snapshots" Canvas
What I tried to focus on this month was specializing each piece with some special chipboard, and showing how you can create something great without a ton of effort. As you can see here, I've left this chipboard film strip raw. I loved the contrast against my brightly colored canvas and it was just what I needed to tone this project down and ground it appropriately.


I really tried to take advantage of this film strip and use its openings to showcase embellishments and even my title quote. 

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Film Strips

On my next two projects I've showcased the "Blue Fern Garden" paper collection.
First, I have a card to share:

"You Are So Loved" Card
I'm still so blown away by the incredibly realistic details on these papers. Look at that butterfly- doesn't it appear to be dimensional, ready to fly away? It's hard to believe that this is a flat patterned paper!

I've chosen to showcase one of the Royal Page Baubles pieces on this card. I first painted it with gesso before using a chalk ink to stamp a design over top. Before the ink had an opportunity to dry, I dusted it with clear embossing powder and set with a heat gun. Finally, I backed the middle of the chipboard piece with a transparency.

Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Blue Fern Garden: Parlour
Royal Page Baubles

Finally, I have a handmade notebook/mini album/journal to share :)

"Blue Fern Garden Journal"
The base of this journal is cardboard from an empty cereal box. I covered it with Blue Fern Garden papers before hand stitching several pages into the inside.

A really great feature of these papers is it offers the best of both worlds: fantastic imagery which allows you to minimalize your own embellishing, and amazing background papers which work great with mixed media and journaling while providing a pleasant contrast to the more bold papers.




Blue Fern Studios Products Used:
Blue Fern Garden Collection
Romantic Page Dangles

Thank-you for stopping by today!
Have you finished off your submission for our sketch challenge yet? We have a short month this month, so don't delay- the challenge closes tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. These projects are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful array of projects, Erin! I love the pretty chipboard and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these projects are so soft and beautiful, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative projects and I agree with you on the beauty of the paper.

    ReplyDelete