Sunday, March 17, 2013

{3} Layouts with Patter

Hi everyone. It's Patter Cross here, and I am glad to be back. Today I am sharing three 8x8 layouts with you. I hope you will enjoy them and find some fun ideas to use. Now let's look at these smaller layouts.

"Keep Faith"
We are finally members of a church in our new town. I am so excited, and of course scrapping a picture of our new church was very important to me. So, here it is (below). For this layout I used the Tuscan Window chipboard as a topper to my photo. I then added the Garden Window shutters to the sides of my photo. I liked mixing the two chipboard sets.

I wanted to leave my chipboard raw as I liked the raw color on the layout. To dress them up, I just stamped on them using brown ink.

Blue Fern Studios Product Used:
Tuscan Window 074752
Garden Window 074691

"Beautiful Iris"
In our new house in October, the irises began to bloom. Kind of late I believe but we moved them from the front yard to the side so I think they were in a bit of shock. But once they came up, wow! I used the Blooming Foliage chipboard on this page.

To create the fun texture on Blooming Foliage, I mixed a bit of glass bead gel with green acrylic paint. I then spread it on the chipboard. While it was still wet, I then misted it with a mix of gesso and water. It has a really fun texture when you touch it but it's hard to tell in the photos.


Blue Fern Studios Product Used:
Blooming Foliage 074851


"Love Always"
And for my last layout, I thought I would share my husband's executive work photo. I don't have a lot of scrapped photos of him so this one is special. I used the Vintage Locks and the word 'love' from the Valentine Word Set here.

I wanted my chipboard to look like leather since this was a masculine layout. To achieve that, I just covered the chipboard in distress ink. It worked very well for the look I wanted.


Blue Fern Studios Product Used:
Valentine Word Set 074646

Vintage Locks 074783

Thanks for joining me today. Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. I love your dimension on your layouts, please take view my pages at bellaluzdesignz.blogspot.com I would love to hear your thoughts and advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of pretty litle details to admire here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a handsome DH you have Patter! and your church looks beautiful. Gosh to have irises blooming in October! As Joyce says, your projects are full of pretty details. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete